Saturday, March 20, 2010

update

Hey Bloggies,

Whatdaya know, it hasnt been a month since I checked in. Could this be progress?

Things here have been moving right along. Some days slowly and other days I dont know where the day goes.

Finally I got the taxes done. We are getting a decent refund but just because Paul is deployed. Next year it ought to be ok as well since he will have been gone for most of this year as well. After that, who knows. I tell you though, you can sure see a difference without kiddo deductions.

Training for the half is going well. I am losing weight I can tell. I havent weighed myself but the shorts I bought before I started running again are almost at the verge of being too big. I am wearing a pair today but since the others (2 pair) still have tags I am taking them back to Penneys to exchange for a smaller size. Woohoo! Also, I was wearing smaller jeans last week that I previously couldnt fit in to. Yesterday I did tabata and it killed my quads. I am not a fast runner and my sprints honestly probably are not that fast but Lordy lordy was I hauling butt as fast as my little legs would go for those 30 seconds. It was all I could do to finish the mile of constant running afterward. I know though that this will increase our endurance. Tomorrow is another 4 mile run. We are running another park so hopefully the park is at least suitable for running. I should have checked it out but I figure if it turns out that we can only walk on the trails for whatever reason it is a bonus day of exercise and we will have to do our 4 miles on our own on Monday or Wednesday of the coming week.

The weather here is wonderful. I am going to meet Mallory downtown in a little bit to celebrate 30 weeks down in the deployment. We are closing in on the end. Not soon enough but its coming.

Paul is calling branch on Monday to see where they are going to put him after the deployment. If he can we are going to request a nondeployable assignment and hopefully he can ride out the last of his Army time in it. In a perfect world he gets promoted in August and doesnt deploy anymore.

We also need to put our house on the market. This is the worry I have over moving. Not being able to sell. I am going to call Vicci's daughter and see what she says and also the ladies who sold Brandon and Jens house because I also liked them very much. I am just really worried.

Well thats it for now. I will update after the run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment