Thursday, April 8, 2010

Oz

Hey Peeps,

Well, Tuesday I flew home to KS for almost two weeks. I am happy to be here. I really wanted to get away from Fayetteville for awhile. I needed to clear my head of all the things going on and I also thought being here away from the church situation would help me to have some clarity.

I am not a good flyer to put it mildly but for the most part my flights were ok. The flight from Charlotte to KS City was a bit hairy near the end and I nearly lost my cookies. I really thought that I would vomit. I had never been so happy to land.

On Wednesday I stuck close to home with Mom. We went to the grocery store but other than that didnt do much. I was glad though because I was so exhausted from not sleeping on Monday night. Even though I did sleep on Tuesday night I was still pretty tired yesterday.

Today I went and had lunch with my first grade neice, Kaelyn. We also went to recess together. I had so much fun. I enjoyed my time with her very much. After that I went to the preschool and had snack with my other neice, Carlee. That was also enjoyable. I got to take her home and so we had some alone time. We walked the dog together and then Missy and Kaelyn got home and we all went to dinner. We went to IHOP and it was awful. I ordered something I thought would be less bad than pancakes. I got roast beef but they had everything about my order all wrong. Not only did they mess up my order they got Carlees wrong and Missys too. In the end, we didnt pay for the meal. Not any of it. The management was really great about it. After dinner we took the chicks to Baskin Robbins. I got a scoop of coffee ice cream which was quite tasty. I had planned on running today but didnt. I am going to get up and do it tomorrow before we leave to go to the concert.

Tomorrow is the concert in KS City. We are seeing Leanne Womack, Reba and George Strait. It is going to be a good concert. If George sings, "you're something special to me" I might cry. That is me and Pauls song... We are going to stop in Topeka to see Lori on the way. I'm glad because it will likely be the only time I would get to see her while I am here.

I talked to Paul today. I had been missing him a lot. He called me though when I was in a place where it was hard for me to talk so it was hard to have a decent conversation. I think he thought that something was wrong but that wasnt the case. Its really hard to have conversations with him in public though.

Im really thinking of going to Puerto Rico for my birthday with my crossfit friends. Mom said she would help me out with some of the money as my birthday gift. It isnt that expensive anyhow with all the accomodations and flights included. It sure beats being all by myself again. I know Paul will think its ok so that isnt an issue. He isnt one of those guys who makes me or expects me to sit home all the time while he is deployed. Mostly because he trusts me and also because it isnt fair.

I heard lots of good things about ASI and I am so excited for Ali. Yah. I cant wait to be back in it. I am going to do only twice a week. With the run it just makes sense for one, I also have a gym membership for two, and the rates are higher than they were at DIF for three. I dont know if they will go down to the $80.00 if she has a military discount like John did or not... I think the new rates are sort of high though and even though I love crossfit and would love to come three days a week I dont think I can justify that price when I have a gym membership already.

Well, that is it for now. I am going to get to bed so I can try and get in at least a two mile run in the morning. If I end up not doing any running while I am gone I will have a lot to try and catch up on when I get home. As it is I think I will end up walking most of the half at this point... Bummed for sure but we'll see how it plays out in June.

Updates and photos from the concert later. Likely when I return to NC.

Chow for Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment