Monday, May 24, 2010

May 24th update

Hello Bloggies-

Sorry it has been a little while since my last entry. Things here have been crazy. I have been so busy with trying to get ready physically for the marathon that I haven't been doing much of anything else.

I've ran a couple of races since we last caught up. A 5k and a 10k. I was really happy about the last one because it is coming off of my hamstring pull. The hamstring is still giving me grief although I do see/feel significant improvement. I ran the last 10k in its entirety even if it were pretty slow and then this morning I had a good run at a moderate pace with no pain for the first 3.5 miles. After that I did need to slow down but it wasnt too bad. I know for the half I will not finish in the time I want nor will I run the whole thing but I'm ok with that. I think coming off my injury just doing it is something. On the 29th of this month I am going to Wilmington to do a 5k just for fun and then I am going to the beach afterwards. I will likely be alone but thats ok too. I invited a couple of girls but they may or may not be able to come. At any rate I plan on enjoying the day. I will run, go back to the hotel and shower, grab a meal and then hit the beach for a couple of hours before coming home and having dinner here. Maybe I will grill sicne it is Memorial Day weekend and all.

My sister and her girls are coming to visit in July. I am so happy. I just love them and with them coming in July it will just make the time go by quicker for Paul to gethome. missy and the girls get in on the 7th and then its rumored that Paul and them may come home at end of July but then again I heard this from a wife so I am still sticking with the August time frame that Paul gave me. Either way it is getting closer. I can hardly wait. Imiss him so much.

Well thats all for now. I will update after the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment